Friday, November 25, 2005

Boing boing for Boing Boing



My name is Phil and I have a problem.

I am addicted to Boing Boing.

Haven't heard of it? That's ok - I'd say most non-cybergeeks haven't. And since I consider myself to be a non-cybergeek, well, you're ok by me.

See, Boing Boing is this blog-type site (though I don't consider them a "blog" so much as a wacky news/magazine site - but that's another argument for another day) that has all these interesting news bits and links to the World of Weird. It's a decent time-killer if minesweeper is getting old for ya.

Considering I am terribly bored at work most of the time, my buddy Dan put me onto the Boing Boing scent and it's been a raging mad-on ever since.

See, my boredom was so profound that waiting for new items to appear on the site would not quench my thirst for mental stimulation. I went back in time. I began to read the archives. And then I continued to read the archives. I'm currently sitting at December 2004.

That's pretty messed up.

I need help.

Someone needs to put me onto another site or I'll be Boing Boinging my way back to January 2000...That's as far as the archives go, unfortunately.

I figure I'll get there by Valentine's Day, depending on workflow and covert naps.

1 comment:

Dan Misener said...

Phil,

Your blog is awesome, though I still think you should have named it "The Phlog."

More internet timekill?

What about Digg. A lot of content there is techy, but not all.