Monday, July 31, 2006

You Link Me! You Really Link Me!

Seems this blogger recognizes talent.

Sai Chronicles has my blog listed in its blogroll. Aw, gosh, shucks, I don't know what to say.

I figure the least I can do is reference in kind. I read one of her (? I assume...I don't know who this person is) posts and it got me thinking. Here are a list of books. The idea is to bold the ones you've read and italicize the ones you plan to read. If I've seen the movie, I linked to rottentomatoes.

This is going to be embarrassing because I don't read books anymore: being force-fed in highschool and university will do that to you.

Here goes:

# The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown (Will see movie, may read)
# The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger (Saw Conspiracy Theory – does that count?)
# The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams (Saw movie)
# The Great Gatsby - F.Scott Fitzgerald (Saw movie, read book)
# To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (Saw movie, read book)
# The Time Traveler’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger (Never heard of it)
# His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman (Bought this for a friend)
# Harry Potter and the Half - Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling (Will see movie)
# Life of Pi - Yann Martel (Meh. I’m sure a movie will be made)
# Animal Farm: A Fairy Story - George Orwell (Saw Animal House…)
# Catch-22 - Joseph Heller (May read some day. Isn’t there a movie?)
# The Hobbit - J. R. R. Tolkien (Saw movie, read book)
# The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon (?)
# Lord of the Flies - William Golding (Saw bits, read bits)
# Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen (Saw movie, I think...and Bridget Jones)
# 1984 - George Orwell (Have I read this...?)
# Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling (Saw movie)
# One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
# Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden (I’ll see the flick sometime)
# The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
# The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
# Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut (ThereMay see flick)
# Angels and Demons - Dan Brown (Movie sometime?)
# Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk (One of my favs. Will read)
# Neuromancer - William Gibson
# Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson
# The Secret History - Donna Tartt
# A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess (Messed up flick)
# Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (Saw bits)
# Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
# American Gods - Neil Gaiman
# Ender’s Game (The Ender Saga) - Orson Scott Card
# Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
# A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving
# The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis (Saw movie)
# Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
# Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
# The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien (Saw movie and puppet play years ago)
# Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (May see flick)
# Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman
# Atonement - Ian McEwan
# The Shadow Of The Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
# The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemingway (Read in school)
# The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood (Saw, read)
# The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
# Dune - Frank Herbert (Saw movie)

2 comments:

Saira said...

Lol. Most obliged for the link. :). And yes Im female.

P.S: Your stuff is amusing. :)

PS said...

If I had a nickel for every time a woman called my stuff amusing...

*sigh*

:P