Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dream job



So anyone who knows me knows I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

Sad, I know.

What a waste of a multi-talented, stunningly-attractive genius, eh?

(yeah, yeah - screw you, too)

Anyhow, I came across this post on Boingboing and I wanted to make a note of it for myself - what better way to do that than to have it linked in my blog?

It's about how one might go about creating the art/look of a comic book, step-by-step, using a computer's photoshop program to enhance the hand-drawn elements. This guy makes it look ridiculously simple...if you can draw. I've always loved comics and have long thought that creating them for a living would be a real dream job. Unfortunately, I didn't cultivate the limited talent I had as a youngster...story of my life.

If only I had listened to my mom, I would have been a professional guitar-playing/karate-chopping/science-experimenting artist by now.

Now that's a job.



Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas.
~Paula Poundstone

No comments: