Monday, February 06, 2006

Subtracted Super Bowl ads


Boy, we really do get the short end of the stick up here when it comes to the Super Bowl ads, eh?

We did get that lame Pepsi commercial with Puff Daddy and Jay Mohr...

But the best ads were lost thanks to the utterly ridiculous simultaneous substitution provisions we have in the Great White North. Why we reward Canadian broadcasters for carrying American programming is beyond me, but c'est la vie.

I checked out the ads I missed at Fox Sports. Some of them were really good. FedEx, Budweiser, careerbuilder.com, Degree and Ameriquest had the best ones, I think. Surprisingly enough, Pepsi's ads were easily the worst, along with Cadillac and McDonald's. I imagine we'll be seeing them on the tube over the next few weeks, but it'll be too late for the post-game watercooler conversations, unfortunately.

"The magic fridge is back!"...classic.

No comments: