Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

I don't wanna turn this blog into a link source for various sites, but this one I just had to throw in 'cause I found it fascinating. (via a Boingboing article)

I didn't know which I felt more: admiration for some of the hilarious concepts (I love the ad for the family car), or disgust at some of the blatant rip-offs.

You'd think you'd be able to chalk up alot of these similar ads to coincidence, but many are just so similar that a rip-off is the only explanation.

Would it be ok if they were created by the same ad firm...?

(Either way, this site almost makes me wanna get into advertising...almost)


The Death of Advertising? I think that's in the book of Revelation. It's the day when people everywhere become satisfied with their weight, their hair, their skin, their wardrobe, and their aroma.
- Jef I. Richards (Advertising prof)

No comments: