Sunday, January 01, 2006

New year, same ol' story


Welcome to 2006. Grab a drink, settle in and enjoy.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm looking forward to a year filled with new beginnings and some serious changes in fortune.

Things have been looking good leading up to the end of the year - I got 5 out of 7 numbers in the Super 7 lottery...which only got me $150, but that's still pretty darn good and about covers how much I spent in lottery tix over the past year or so.

When I get back to work I should get the final results from our office football pool - I think that'll be a good barometer of what to expect from Lady Luck down the road. I was sitting in third going into the last two weeks, but with playoff spots sewn up and lots of back-ups getting action, it's kinda hard to pick the victors these days.

I've got my fingers crossed...might get uncomfortable if I have to spend the whole year with'em that way...

No comments: