Wednesday, December 14, 2005

No more beating around the Bush



From today's Toronto Star:

“It is true that much of the intelligence turned out to be wrong. As president I am responsible for the decision to go into Iraq,”

“And I’m also responsible for fixing what went wrong by reforming our intelligence capabilities. And we’re doing just that.’’

“We are in Iraq today because our goal has always been more than the removal of a brutal dictator,” Bush said. “It is to leave a free and democratic Iraq in his place.

“My decision to remove Saddam Hussein was the right decision. Saddam was a threat and the American people and the world is better off because he is no longer in power,” the president said.
______

Ok, at this point, I had written a whole diatribe about Bush being a freakin' moron, the hypocrisy of his administration vis-a-vis global threats and the need for demoracy (China, North Korea), and terrorism being war by other means, but frankly I don't want to get into it.

We all know Bush is a moron. I'm not going to waste my time or blog space stating the obvious. And if you don't think the guy's a complete douchebag, well, I'm probably not going to be able to convince your redneck ass otherwise, so why bother.

I'd rather keep my blog on the lighter side of ranting and raving. Unfortunately, Cory isn't pissing me off right now.

I'm just glad the cracks in the lie have gotten so bad that even the "Red Devil" himself is forced to fess up - if only a little.

Worst. President. Ever.

No comments: