Thursday, November 02, 2006

Gears of War

I was sitting at my computer when a cool commercial came on. I'd seen it before and loved it, so thought I'd spread the word.

There's a commercial for the new Xbox game Gears of War. It goes something like this:

A (computer) soldier runs through dark streets, jumping into buildings through the windows, loaded for bear. He dives to the ground. He opens his eyes to see a beautiful array of lights. It seems peaceful. Until the lights are revealed to be the luminescent eyes of a gigantic spider-like monster. The soldier stands and opens fire, making a stand against all odds.

Gary Jules' version of "Mad World" (Donnie Darko) plays throughout...

Wicked.

All around me are familiar faces,
Worn out places,
Worn out faces,
Bright and early for the daily races,
Going nowhere,
Going nowhere,
Their tears are filling up their glasses,
No expression,
No expression,
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow,
No tomorrow,
No tomorrow.

Mad world,
Mad world.

No comments: