Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Descent (no spoilers)

Saw The Descent on Friday with two lovely friends. (we're friends now, right Joce?) :P

It had been gettting favourable reviews on rottentomatoes, and the gals and I were looking for something to watch. Joce had seen Miami Vice and said it was trash, so that was out. I'm still gonna see it though. I'm pig-headed that way.

While The Descent didn't feature anything particularly special and the "threat" was kinda lame, I was entertained - and really, that's all you can ask for these days. Suspension of disbelief is definitely required here, though. This is not the smartest movie I've ever seen.

Kudos to the filmmakers, though, for having a suspense/horror film starring almost exclusively women. No nudity and I still dug it. What's the world coming to?

No comments: