Thursday, August 03, 2006

Moving Soon - 23 Days

I get my keys on the 15th, but since the apartment comes in a hideous shade of "congealed piss" I want to repaint that first weekend and move in the next. So I still have a bit of time before the big day. Regardless, I try to plan ahead and there's lots of little crap to take care of beforehand.

...Like transferring your cable and phone. Fun.

Cable wasn't too bad. Rogers was pretty straightforward with me. The only bitch is that some guy has to physically come by between 5-8pm the first evening and hook it up. Aren't we beyond that by now? What does this guy need to do? It's not like there wasn't able there before...

Today I took care of Ma Bell. This call was a little more of a hassle as the lady on the other end started trying to push stuff on me almost immediately. Extra features, satellite tv, cell phones - you name it, she was pushing it. I brushed her off repeatedly, but took her up on one offer: take on another 3 calling features for an extra $10 per month and the $55 transfer fee would be waived.

...Really now?

I know this scam: you take on the extra features at a reduced rate and they hose you down the line when you forget to cancel them. Now, my memory sucks ass when it comes to remembering things like names and the like (like the man says: "what's in a name?"), but when it comes to affairs of the wallet, I'm the proverbial elephant.

I got my mind on my money, my money on my mind.

So in the end I get three bonus features (I already have call waiting): call display (I don't have a display phone), call answer (I have an answering machine) and unlimited *69 (I can't even get regular star 69! Ohhhh!) :P

This costs me about $30 instead of the $55 transfer fee - I save $25 and get the bonus features for three months. Not bad.

...Oh, but I'm sure I'll get hosed somehow...

(Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. Moving is fun. )


Thou wilt quarrel with a man for cracking nuts, having no other reason but because thou hast hazel eyes.
- Mercutio, Romeo and Juliet, Act III, sc. i

No comments: